Monday, May 24, 2010

Two days before take off.


We are hitting the road. I didn't think we'd do it. I was slightly against the idea of packing up the boys, trying to find a way to transport the stick that's our bass guitar, I struggled with the idea of putting my precious electric guitar on the aeroplane, having seen what happens to our instruments in the process of said transportation. At one point it was all too hard. I mean there are 5 of us in this band for God's sake!!

But I have to admit, I'm addicted. I must move and travel. And if I'm playing music while I'm doing it, well all the better.

So, thanks to the pushing shoves of Simon Homer, Plus One Records Boss Man and the enthusiasm of the Waywards, we're doing it. We've had brief weekends to Cairns, Gympie, Sunny Coast, Tamworth. But this will be the first proper tour. I think it might be a herald for times to come.

I've printed the worksheet, spoken to press and radio, put new strings on the guitars, told all my friends in Vic and Melbourne. The boys will be in charge of driving this weekend. (They don't know it yet). I'll be in charge of making them tour fit.

That's the deal.

Pics and stuff, hopefully coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment